Pages

Friday, June 20, 2008

La la la... golf!

I never thought I’d be one to really like mini-golf. As a kid, I played it once or twice and then quickly got bored of it. But I guess you see things differently as an adult. Last week I went mini-golfing with my husband, his two brothers and two sisters. Since there were six of us, it definitely took a while to get around the eighteen hole course. We had a lot of fun though, even if we weren’t that good. We all gave it our best shot, and amazingly all of us each scored a hole in one. Dan was funny: he was all about form, technique, knowing the right golf equipment to use, etc., etc. The rest of us just gave the ball a good whack! I suppose our scores reflected that, since Dan beat all of us.

Oh well. The point is to have fun! And I am improving. I think my score was 63 that day. Dan and I went mini-golfing with Jason on Wednesday night, and my score was 61. Last night I went with my mom and brothers, and my score was 58! It just goes to show you, you DO get better with practice.

2 comments:

Blogger said...

My in laws just love to golf. My father in law has been golfing for a few years now but my mother in law just started this summer and she loves it she says. She has the clothings, shoes, clubs...you name is and she has it. When it comes to golfing equipment and apparel she has pretty much all that you need!

Liisa said...

I remember spending Sundays golfing with my dad. I wasn't the best at it, but I was so happy to get my first set of golf clubs! He even bought me a couple golf caps & called me his caddy! I think he liked spending time with me as much as I liked hanging out with him!