Pages

Friday, June 20, 2008

My little secret about baby shower favors

So here is my dirty little secret: I didn’t have a baby shower, for either of my children. My pregnancy with Alyssa was unexpected, so we didn’t even tell most people until a few months after I first found out I was pregnant with her (the exception being my mom and my husband’s mom). And then we were busy trying to get situated financially and find a bigger place to live in, so the discussion of having a baby shower never came up.

Sometimes, when I check out baby shower favors, I feel bad that I never got to experience the fun of a coordinated and scheduled party to celebrate my pregnancy and upcoming baby. But most of the time, it really doesn’t bother me. I may have not enjoyed a baby shower, but both my husband and I had our families rally around us, and be very supportive of us. And we still got plenty of baby gifts.

Did you have a baby shower?

No comments: