Pages

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Trying to decide on good baby gifts

My son's second birthday is just a little over a month away. I haven't even settled on a theme for his party, what type of cake to have, what food to serve, and if the party should be indoors or outdoors (I'm leaning more towards in, simply because it's summertime and I hate to sweat!). So when people call/email me to ask for ideas for baby gifts for Ryan, I'm stumped. I don't even know what I'm getting him, and I'm his mother! How am I supposed to help you out?

Last year Ryan received a few toys, some clothes and a $50 gift card from his uncles. Honestly, that was the best gift at all. Boring for a child to open up (though at a year of age, he was more interested in gnawing on wrapping paper and flicking the bows than he was with opening and admiring his new presents), but awesome for a parent! I went shopping the next day and got him several outfits for the fall, and even found an adorable little skirt for his sister, too.

What do you think of gift cards as gifts? My husband thinks they're tacky, lazy gifts. I think they're awesome!

No comments: